Part of growing up is realizing you learn to love so many people. It’s about forming those relationships and finding what will last forever.
Reading this article on IPs (so INFPs, INTPs, ISTPs, and ISFPs) and relationship challenges and this came up: ‘Rather than meeting their obligations, IPs may burn time watching television, surfing the Internet, or playing video games as a means of distraction. Such behaviors serve to soothe or stave off feelings of anxiety associated with directly facing and participating in life.’
Top 10 Deadliest Poisons Known To Mankind:
- Botulinum (Ingested): It’s hard to rank the lethality of toxins, but experts agree that botulinum – several orders of magnitude deadlier than sarin – is the gold standard. Your nervous system fails and you die in extreme pain. Works miracles on wrinkles, though.
- Ricin (Ingested or Inhaled): Made from the lowly castor bean, ricin causes respiratory and organ failure, followed by death within hours. Even chewing a few beans can kill you.
- Anthrax (Inhaled): Cutaneous exposure can kill, but the most deadly, panic-inspiring form of anthrax is inhaled. It starts with flu that doesn’t get better – then your respiratory system collapses.
- Sarin (Inhaled): Sarin is one of the deadliest nerve gases, hundreds of times more toxic than cyanide. Just one whiff and you’ll foam at the mouth, fall into a coma, and die. Originally synthesised for use as a pesticide, it was outlawed as a warfare agent in 1997.
- Tetrodotoxin (Ingested): Found in the organs of puffer fish (the famous Japanese delicacy fugu), tetrodotoxin persists even after the fish is cooked. If the toxin is consumed, paralysis and death can strike within six hours. Up to five Japanese die from badly prepared fugu every year.
- Cyanide (Ingested or Inhaled): Cyanide exists in a number of lethal forms that are present in nature or easily manufactured. Exposure leads to seizures, cardiac arrest, and death within minutes.
- Mercury (Inhaled): Low levels of mercury are not especially toxic to adults. However, inhaled mercury vapour (the metal starts turning to a gas at room temp) attacks the brain and lungs, shutting down the central nervous system.
- Strychnine (Ingested or Inhaled): A common pesticide, strychnine isn’t as toxic as other poisons on our list, but it gets style points for causing one of the most horrific deaths of all: Every muscle in your body spasms violently until you die from exhaustion.
- Amatoxin (Ingested): Derived from the death cap family of mushrooms, amatoxin destroys your liver and kidneys over several days. You remain conscious – and in excruciating pain – until you slip into a coma and expire.
- Compound 1080 (Ingested or Inhaled): As an animal poison, compound 1080 proved a little too effective: The bodies of creatures killed with 1080 remain poisonous for up to a year. Odourless, tasteless, water soluble, and without antidote, 1080 blocks cellular metabolism, leading to a quick yet painful death.
I know I sent you your presents already, but I’d feel like an ass if there wasn’t something to at least kind of give you on the actual day so.. here’s a manip of our babies. And some personal feels.
So. Here we are, Ip… you and me, one year later. I’m always the one who gets through replies faster, I’m the one who generally writes more, and I’m the one who always knows exactly what I want to say. Except. I’m sitting here right now, and I’m kind of speechless. There’s so much to say, so much I want to convey, and yet I’m completely unaware of how to say any of it. I feel as though there aren’t enough words, letters, sentences that could possibly let you know how I feel. But I guess I wouldn’t be my hard-headed self if I didn’t try, huh?
A year ago you were still in college, struggling to get out bed every day. A year ago I was starving myself, crippled by my own mind. We found each other in dark times, trying to put ourselves back together after the detrimental explosions of our previous relationships. You were afraid to reach out, depressed, plagued with guilt over nothing, overly cautious; And I? Struggling with codependency, unable to accept your feelings for me, chronically anxious, self-loathing. We were the products of unhealthy relationships, unsure of who we were or how we should act after being picked apart by someone we let ourselves love.
Now look at us. Look how far we’ve come in just this year alone. You’ve graduated, you’re getting a job, you’re growing up — you’re not that person anymore, you’re not that broken person that I welcomed into my arms. I know it hasn’t been perfect, we’ve had rough patches, ones in which my anxious mind was sure you’d give up, and you’ve proved me wrong every time. I’m not used to having a partner who was actually right there by my side, who was willing to stand by me and work through any problems we had. But I’m slowly getting accustomed to it thanks to you. I know you’ll always work with me, that you want this just as I do. And I’m so grateful for that. You have been there for me countless times, two years ago even in Hava was I was getting kicked out and Casey was ganging up on me. You were the only person to stand up for me or Danny (you know the argument I’m talking about).
I cherish every piece of you, and I will love even the scraps of you when you tear yourself apart because your depression is getting to you. I love you for your snoring and morning breath, for the way you make me laugh and how you’ll drive around the block an extra five minutes just so my Mayday Parade song will finish. I love you for how difficult you are in the morning, and wrestling you awake, literally until you… go crashing into your computer chair. I love you because you take care of me, because you protect me in ways that you don’t even realize. You’re so careful and considerate about my problems, like even eating in public and social anxiety, you make the effort to order for me, without ever having to ask. You are my best friend, I have so much fun with you, even if we’re just laying in bed together eating fucking corn on the cob. I love you because you don’t make me feel special, you don’t put me up on a pedestal, you love me for me, weirdness and all.
You have taught me how to love again; you taught me what it was to want, and not to need. I know I’m a handful, or two, and I know that I’m not the easiest person to love, but I am so grateful that you love me, and I am so grateful you are patient with me. You’ve given me an incredible year, and all I can hope for is that we have another… fifty or sixty incredible years in front of us. The future terrifies me, but I’m so much more willing to take each step forward with you holding my hand. Thank you, for everything. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for being you. I love you so much. Happy anniversary, my love. Happy damn anniversary.
[♥] It should be a truth universally acknowledged
That a heroine in a major cinematic franchise
must be in want of her own damn movie.
~ Me: “Come on, Marvel, don’t be such weenies.” ~
why is Jane foster in this like she did something?
alright everyone pull a chair up because it’s learning time.
jane foster is every bit as important as these other ladies. she may not have the martial arts skills that natasha has, the warrior fierce moves of lady sif, the nitty gritty punching fists that peggy has, so on and so forth, but that doesn’t mean she’s any less valuable.
if you really want to, you can argue that she did nothing in thor. i’m not particularly inclined to agree with you, but the argument can be made that she didn’t save the day in thor. however, that argument does not hold true for thor: the dark world. jane might not have been punching people and smashing hammers around, but jane foster literally saved the world in thor: the dark world.
first off, she’s a brilliant astrophysicist. she’s one of the only scientists in her field who’s pursuing the idea of the nine realms and asgard and all that good outer space shit. she’s pushing forward on a career that’s pretty tough to get into. anyway, she’s done all this research and work on it, and because i’m kind of a dumbass when it comes to science, i can’t outright explain to y’all the fine details of her research. (watch the movie again—they execute this more beautifully than i ever could.)
but i digress. jane has done all this research and work, and she’s got those damn poles, but you know what, it’s her idea to use the poles and have darcy and intern boy place them in strategic spots (she knows exactly where she wants them) that she knows will work and have the effect she wants. thor’s smashing shit, and mjolnir’s freaking the fuck out because it can’t find daddy, but jane is doing her science thing.
would thor have defeated malekith without jane’s science help? i don’t know. it’s hard to say. the optimist in me wants to say yes, but i honestly don’t know. maybe he would have, but maybe he wouldn’t have. however, i do think that without jane’s help, more destruction and chaos would have taken place. without jane, thor very well could have lost the fight, and then THE DARK ELVES WOULD HAVE TAKEN OVER. but with jane, thor managed to stop them.
was jane out there punching people and swinging hammers? no. but she saved the world with her knowledge. and you know what, jane foster is a perfect reminder that you don’t have to have a black belt to save the world. you don’t have to have perfect aim and the best sharpshooter skills the world has ever seen. you can save people with your brain and your honest to god smarts. (and you can look gorgeous as fuck while you do it.)
jane foster belongs on this gifset because she’s more than earned her spot here. jane foster, you are a lady of marvel, and you are a hero.
Let’s stop assuming that women are only useful and strong when they beat people up, okay? There are so many kinds of strength, both for men and women. Jane Foster is EVERY BIT AS VALUABLE as the other wonderful ladies of this gifset.
And that, ladies and gentlemen is precisely why I included Jane.
They’re always brave.